H.A. Tukker Transport is located in Molenaarsgraaf, about 30 km’s east of Rotterdam and within easy reach of all directions. The little village is in the province Zuid-Holland, in the Alblasserwaard and part of municipality of Graafstroom. Molenaarsgraaf lies on the small stream Graafstroom.
The name of the village Molenaarsgraaf originated about the latter half of the 13th century, when the Lord of the Manor of Molenaarsgraaf of that time, Willem de Molenaar, gave the order to dig a canal. On the 10th of February 1244 got this Lord consent of the diocese of Utrecht to found a chapel. In general is supposed that this date applies as the date of foundation of the village Molenaarsgraaf.
On various places in the Alblasserwaard are done prehistoric discoveries, so also in Molenaarsgraaf. In 1966 during antiquarian excavations they found remnants of a settlement of the ‘Klokbeker’-culture, named after the pottery that was made at that time.
In the in 1961/1962
restored Dutch Reformed church of Molenaarsgraaf is a fine pulpit, dates
from 1640. At the time of Napoleon it was lacquered white, because the
people had to pay tax on oak. With the restore the white paint is completely